Mindfulness for Educators: It Starts with You
Discover how mindfulness can transform your classroom culture from the inside out.Watch Promo Enroll in Course
This online course in mindfulness for the educator is designed to support anyone in the education field looking to enhance whole-child development through the understanding and integration of mindfulness practices. Research has shown that regular, intentional mindfulness practice can decrease anxiety and depression, increase compassion and empathy, and enhance emotional regulation, presence and attention control for people of all ages.
By engaging in the course, Mindfulness for Educators: It Starts with You, participants will:
- understand what mindfulness is - and is not
- explore why mindfulness works including theoretical research that supports the idea that regular mindfulness practices can actually "change the brain" over the course of 8 weeks
- learn how to launch mindfulness practices in your classroom (without disrupting lengthy curriculum requirements)
- set personal and professional learning goals
- build a toolbox of personal and professional resources connected to mindfulness
- develop and/or deepen personal mindfulness practices
PreviewWelcome from Christy (1:50)
StartWelcome Check-In: Establishing a Baseline
StartFive Minutes for You
StartPersonal Present Levels + Intention Setting
StartWhy Do I Teach?
StartProfessional Present Levels + Intention Setting
StartPersonal Practice: 60 Second Bits of Mindfulness
Get started now!
Mindfulness in Education Instructional Coach
M.S. in Inclusive (Special) Education
B.S. in Elementary Education
Public School Elementary Teacher of 15 Years
Certified Kidding Around Yoga Instructor
Twin Toddler Mama